Sunday, January 10, 2016

Day 10 (and all of the days in between):
So far, so good..again. I had another challenging day in the middle of the week when another bummer-of-a-stressor happened right about when I was getting home, and I was hungry, and I SO wanted to dive into some salty crunchy tortilla chips. I was really feeling frustrated, so I threw some spoons into the sink (the loud clangs were satisfying), and then ate a meatball in the fridge. And then I was better.

I think that might have been the most challenging moment yet.

Besides that, my energy has been steady, my sleep has continued to be deep and quality (the most vivid dreams, but that makes me happy since I know my brain is healing itself), and I don't feel the dips and lulls of energy that I have before. Really, this has been worth the strictness of the diet so far.

We went to Little Goat for lunch yesterday, which I vow to go to when I'm eating a wider array of things because, goddamn, I want some of those giant onion rings. I got a delicious kim chi burger without the roll which was yummy, satisfying, and fit the eating plan.

A friend also commented that my face looks thinner, so I will count that as another vote in the right direction. My pants are not loose by any means, but are fitting more comfortably. It's only been 10 days, though, and it's taken me 39 years to put on this weight.

So, 1/3 of the way through, which I'm proud of. I like that this eating plan directs you to ignore the scale throughout, since the ups and downs of a scale can ruin my days.

Today is my day of cooking, so I'm making chicken stock, and then the menu this week will be chicken tortilla soup (without tortilla), left over butternut squash soup, thai red  curry with ground beef, meat and spinach meatballs, and stuffed peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment