Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Days 4 and 5
So far, so good. I've been finding the food pretty tasty and prepping a bunch of it this past weekend has really helped in terms of lunches this week. Today's breakfast was two scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions, turkey and then half an avocado. Lunch was left over pork carnitas with roasted sweet potato, kale, and roasted cauliflower. I think dinner will be beef and spinach meatballs with roasted broccoli.

Energy Levels: GREAT. I feel alert, and my half caf (black coffee) keeps me sailing all day. My sleep has been solid as well. I occasionally get woken up by a large caterwauling cat, but that's expected in our household. No more wakefulness and not being able to fall asleep for hours. That's a relief.

I also got my first compliment today: someone mentioned that I looked like I've gotten slimmer. Likely it was nothing, but it helped my motivation.

I had a disappointment this afternoon, and feel frustration, but don't feel like diving head first into a bag of chips, so that's good. I mainly feel like journaling. Who have I become?

I have been pleased that it's been easy to dispense with glasses of wine at night, too. There's a lot going on at work, and other stresses at home, but I'm glad to not depend on winding down with booze.

Another observation: I find I want to go to bed at like 8pm every night since I want to avoid craving dessert or drinks or anything forbidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment