Thursday, January 21, 2016

Day 21,  with lots of days in between
I am still chugging along. Things that are hard: I still have cravings. I don't have the satisfaction of having junk food as comfort food (I know, the whole point is to make that behavior go away, but, damn, it's painful leaving it behind). Today I'm crabby as all get out because my four year old is making me crabby, and I'm crabby that I need to keep my grown up pants on and be a fucking parent, but I am. And I am crabbIER that I can't soothe myself with Trader Joes dark peanut butter cups and Doritos (ooh, delicious Doritos...I still want to eat you).

Things that are getting easier: menu planning. I find it's good to have lots of proteins and lots of veggies available and just picking from those in terms of combinations (tonight I'm using butternut squash up and will make soup, along with Trader Joe compliant chicken sausages). Also, I'm starting to enjoy black coffee. And roasted garlic aioli with roasted sweet potato spears make my life (and are basically like french fries with mayo, which I looooooove). And now I can finally make some decent aioli. So I got that going for me.

So my sleep is solid still, which is nice, and my little fitbit tells me that my sleep was between 93-97% effective, so I like that.

Earlier this week I caught the stomach bug that my kid had, which meant being laid up on the couch and feeling generally nauseous. It was really hard to figure out things to eat, so I settled on compliant chicken soup and had to avoid my cravings for toast and butter. I still crave that stuff! But, my clothes are fitting ever so slightly better, so I know I'm moving in the right direction. Despite crankiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment